The application for the LCACP examination is for verification that you have met the prerequisites for the LCACP exam. There is a separate fee for taking the exam.
Prerequisites may be met by any one of the following:
- A degree in LCA at the undergraduate or graduate level (submit copy of diploma)
- A degree in environmental science or environmental engineering (submit copy of diploma), plus submitting proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown by a letter from employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted)
- LCA skills gained through experience: submit an LCA that is either critically reviewed or published in a peer reviewed journal (study submitted: applicant must be one of the listed authors)
- College-level class work, in which one has taken the following coursework or classes containing the essential skills of the class work
• General Chemistry
• Systems analysis or systems dynamics
• Environmental Toxicology
Plus proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown by a letter from employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted).
By ordering this item, you indicate your agreement with the ACLCA Hold Harmless Disclaimer.